Guillevin International ranks among Canada's largest distributors of electrical material. It is also a major distributor of safety products and equipment as well as industrial supplies. Its knowledgeable employees working in more than 100 Profit Centres in key locations across Canada ensure Guillevin's success by distributing a wide variety of products from selected world-class manufacturers. We are currently looking for a versatile individual to join our team as Purchasing Coordinator and Inside Salesperson in Estevan, Saskatchewan.
- Ensures the availability of products to meet service customer requirements while maintaining optimal inventory levels.
- Manages the inventory write-downs to minimize their financial impact on the Profit Centre.
- Analyses and quickly corrects inventory discrepancies.
- Keeps supplier data (special costing, lead-time, etc.) up-to-date.
- Creates new stock SKU’s when needed.
- Maintains the integrity of special SKU costs in the system.
- Manages supplier’s rejects and returns (merchandise that is defective, obsolete or received by mistake); issues debit memos when appropriate.
- Supports Company and supplier relations, and alignment.
- Purchases merchandise from approved suppliers based on price, availability of products, making the right decision for the Profit Centre on available data and personal judgment.
- Meets with vendors to build and maintain relationship and negotiate special agreements.
- Participates in the cyclical and annual physical inventory preparation and counting.
- With Profit Centre Manager and sales people, evaluates new products and product lines, and recommends them.
- Continuously maintains technical knowledge to remain up-to-date on various product lines.
- Answers calls promptly, and professionally; listens attentively to the customers, understands and fulfils their needs in a timely manner;
- Takes necessary action to resolve customer service issues in a timely manner and follows-up and verifies commitments are met afterwards
- Proactively suggests associated and/or alternate products as needed
- Promotes focus product items to generate incremental sales
- Quickly informs the appropriate person (Profit Center Manager, Outside Salesperson) of customer feedback with regards to price, products, service, etc.
- Ideally five (5) years of industry experience in a similar position
- Capability to organize his/her work with a minimum of supervision and meet key deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, demonstrated people skills
- Excellent stress management
- Analytical skills to probe, identify and quantify opportunities for growth
- Customer-service driven, team player, energetic with a positive professional attitude
- Ability to work in a computerized environment (working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Product knowledge
Guillevin offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program.
Guillevin ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is only used to simplify the text.