In order to apply for a position with Guillevin International Co., please fill out this form and attach your resume.
1 Royal Gate Blvd. - Unit C
||Permanent - Full Time
Guillevin International ranks among Canada's largest distributors of electrical material. It is also a major distributor of safety products and equipment as well as industrial supplies. Its knowledgeable employees working in more than 100 Profit Centres in key locations across Canada ensure Guillevin's success by distributing a wide variety of products from selected world-class manufacturers. We are currently looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to join our team in Vaughan, Ontario.
SCOPE OF THE JOB:
To ensure the availability of products to service customer requirements while maintaining optimal inventory levels and negotiates prices, delivery and special terms.
- Ensure that the PC has sufficient inventory to meet the established customer service goals.
- Purchases merchandise from approved suppliers based on price, availability of products, making the right decision for the Profit Centre on available data and personal judgment.
- Manages the inventory write-downs to minimize their financial impact on the Profit Centre.
- Analyses and quickly corrects inventory discrepancies.
- With Profit Centre Manager and sales people, evaluates new products and product lines, and recommends them.
- Keeps supplier data (special costing, lead-time, etc.) up-to-date.
- Creates new stock SKU’s when needed.
- Maintains the integrity of special SKU costs in the system.
- Manages supplier’s rejects and returns (merchandise that is defective, obsolete or received by mistake); issues debit memos when appropriate.
- Supports Company and supplier relations, and alignment.
- Continuously maintains technical knowledge to remain up-to-date on various product lines.
- Participates in the cyclical and annual physical inventory preparation and counting.
- Meets with vendors to build and maintain relationship and negotiate special agreements.
- Coordinates vendor meetings, in collaboration with Profit Centre Manager.
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of industry experience preferable, or a combination of education and experience with at least three (3) years’ experience in the function
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Capability to organize his/her work with a minimum of supervision
- Energetic and positive professional attitude
- Team player
- Excellent stress management
- Ability to work in a computerized environment
- Product knowledge
Guillevin offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program.
Guillevin ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.