Guillevin International ranks among Canada's largest distributors of electrical material. It is also a major distributor of safety products and equipment as well as industrial supplies. Its knowledgeable employees working in more than 100 Profit Centres in key locations across Canada ensure Guillevin's success by distributing a wide variety of products from selected world-class manufacturers. We are currently looking for an Automation & Controls Technical Expert to join our team in the province of Québec.
The Automation & Controls Technical Expert is an expert in designing sophisticated solutions / applications in the field of automation, motion, HMI and control offers. He takes ultimate technical responsibility for the co-engineering and support of Machine Solutions with OEM customers. Leading the development and provision of differentiated and innovative solutions to our customers, adding credible competence to Schneider Electric solution businesses. He is accountable for the promotion and sale of Schneider Electric products, solutions & services to OEM accounts in the Province of Québec and the Ottawa Valley under the direction of the Area sales manager. Develops new sales opportunities as well as addresses and services the needs of established accounts. Utilizes excellent offering, application, competitor, and customer knowledge to develop and present winning value propositions for Schneider Electric solutions. Responsible for developing accounts and market strategies to profitably grow the OEM business.
- Provide back office pre-sales and after-sales to support the OEM Sales organization;
- Visit customers together with the sales force or following their requests;
- “Create the Concept” Within the requirements and constraints of the functionalities of the solution/application under scrutiny, recommend and develop a competitive solution and recommend system implementation which optimally meets the customer needs & requirements;
- Introduce and promote the complete Industry Business offer in terms of strengths and weaknesses and possibilities and providing the most appropriate solution;
- Build demos to help the customer visualize the main solution concepts (proof of concept “POC”);
- Be the main technical customer interface for solution contracts and work closely with Regional supplier;
- Provide expert support: lead the solution definition with the customer and create value by advising the customer on advanced issues (Principles, feasibility, limits & constraints, performance, …);
- Provide recommendations & support in terms of migration from or interconnectivity with the Industry Business Legacy offer;
- Answer deep technical questions on integration/compatibility of components inside a machine architecture;
- Develop required technical and commercial argumentation documents;
- Help to close the deal by providing differentiating elements to sales for the commercial argumentation;
- Work closely with Automation and control experts of Schneider-Electric to provide the customer with the best solution;
- Share Success Stories & Best practices;
- Share competitors’ strengths/weaknesses in terms of strategy, relationships, pricing, products, Potential Available Market and changing dynamics;
- Utilize knowledge of customers global strategy to drive the company success by coaching and mentoring others;
- Identify cross sale opportunities between segments, markets, brands or products;
- Provide technical support for specific projects to resolve issues;
- Apply local codes and standards;
- Understand total Schneider Electric offer related to OEM Machine Business;
- Leverage the organization to grow the customers business;
- Ability to cross reference competitive products;
- Leverage third party offers to complete the solution;
- Build a relationship in which the technical expert is viewed as a trusted specialist by the customer at the operations level;
- Speak the right process language in line with the operations level interest;
- Demonstrate how relationships have been used to deliver targeted results;
- Demonstrate full knowledge of multiple product lines;
- Recommend new or updated product offerings to integrate customer preference or gain competitive advantage.
- Candidate must have relevant experience with developing automation systems within the desired segment understanding a wide scope of machine types and typical possibilities and limitations within the segment;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in designing and/or problem solving in industrial automation;
- Expertise in local region standards relevant to the OEM machine business;
- Expertise in industrial automation network communication;
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in French is required as well as fluency in English.
- Knowledge of electrical control, automation offer and related competitors & customers.
- Extensive knowledge & experience of targeted application, industry, standards & legislation
- Preferable experience with Schneider Electric automation technology
- Preferable experience within a customer or channel partner from a target OEM application
- Good presentation skill, to present functional and technical specifications of Schneider Electric solutions
- Usually 5 to 10 years in the solution business;
- Motion and safety applications experience is preferably;
- Experience and familiarity with automation products and solution for OEM business a plus;
- Combining technical knowledge with sales skills;
- Available to travel internationally if required (Training, Tradeshow…).
Guillevin offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program.
Guillevin ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.