Guillevin International ranks among Canada's largest distributors of electrical material. It is also a major distributor of safety products and equipment as well as industrial supplies. Its knowledgeable employees working in more than 100 Profit Centres in key locations across Canada ensure Guillevin's success by distributing a wide variety of products from selected world-class manufacturers. We are currently looking for a Counter/Inside Sales Representative to join our team in Longueuil, Québec.
SCOPE OF THE JOB:
The Counter/Inside Salesperson greets customers entering the Profit Centre, serves them promptly and politely, and ensures that the merchandise displayed at the counter is presented in an attractive manner, promoting sales of complementary and focus products.The individual will process customer orders, provide pricing and/or technical information, and offer solutions in a timely manner.
- Answer calls promptly, and professionally, listens attentively to the customers, understands and fullfils their needs.
- Provide customer service at the counter in a professional manner.
- Process customer orders at the counter, which includes picking the order from the warehouse or carrying merchandise to the customer's vehicle when necessary.
- Provide price and delivery information, if product is not in stock.
- In some occasions, negotiate special prices and conditions with customers and/or vendors as per criteria established by his Manager.
- Take necessary action to resolve customer service issues in a timely manner and follows-up and verify commitments are met afterwards.
- Proactively suggest associated and/or alternate products as needed.
- Promote focus product items to generate incremental sales.
- Maintenance of the Counter Sales Area, set up of new displays and restocking shelves in the Counter Sales Area.
- Quickly inform the appropriate person (Profit Center Manager, Outside Salesperson) of customer feedback with regards to price, products, service, etc.
- Maintain their technical knowledge up-to-date on various product lines and broaden system knowledge.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of industry experience preferable, or a combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated people skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Product knowledge.
- Must be customer service driven.
- Computer experience.
Guillevin offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program.
Guillevin ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is only used to simplify the text.